Pumpkin Cake with Caramel Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup canola oil
- CARAMEL SAUCE:
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, pumpkin and oil until smooth; add to the dry ingredients. Mix until well blended, about 1 minute.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For sauce, combine the brown sugar, flour and salt in a small saucepan. Stir in water and butter; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cut cake into squares and serve with warm sauce.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 425 calories, 18g fat (3g saturated fat), 61mg cholesterol, 215mg sodium, 65g carbohydrate (49g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 23, 2016
This cake and sauce were fantastic! I love pumpkin and caramel, and put them together and you've got a real winner!! I served this to guests and they loved it, too. Can't wait til tomorrow when I can have another piece!!
Oct 12, 2014
Nov 24, 2013
This cake was delicious! I made it in a bundt cake pan, and while I won't be doing that again because I didn't exactly like how the outside crust came out (I think it was the type of bundt cake pan I used), I did love this cake overall.
Sep 28, 2013
This is soooo good! Excellent recipe.
Sep 18, 2012
I made this for my family, we all love pumpkin. It was easy to make, with handy ingredients and my kids loved it. A big hit for us. The kids are already asking me to make it again.
Jan 21, 2012
Wow, this is a TERRIFIC recipe! I recently tried it and took it to work with me, where it got rave reviews and people begged me to make them one. So yummy!
Aug 9, 2011
This is a cake that tastes like pumpkin bread.The sauce was very good. It makes a lot and is very sweet . We are going to use the rest as a topping for homemade ice cream later. yum!
Mar 6, 2011
Wonderfully delicious!!! I put this in a bundt cake pan and it turned out awesome. Also added some maple syrup in the carmel sauce and my husband couldn't get enough! Moist and wonderful - DEFINITELY a keeper!
Nov 15, 2010
EXCELLENT!!!!!!! Was SO delicious:) Will def make again....
Oct 27, 2008
This is a very good cake! I wasn't going to serve it right away so I poked holes in the top of the cake and poured the sauce over it. The sauce went down through the cake and wow, what a moist delicious cake!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.