Pumpkin Bread Ring
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 3 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 to 6 tablespoons water
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add pumpkin; mix well. Combine the biscuit mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Pour into a greased 10-in. fluted tube pan.
- Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- For glaze, in a saucepan, cook and stir butter over medium heat for 6-7 minutes or until golden brown. Pour into a bowl; beat in confectioners' sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve drizzling consistency. Drizzle over cooled bread.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 341 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 13, 2014
This was a great tasting cake. I even substituted the baking mix with gluten free bisquick. It was delicious. Very moist and tasty for days. My kids loved it too (they are little and can be picky). I was not particularly fond of the frosting. Next time I will not brown the butter and instead will add some orange food coloring for a Halloween look.
Oct 7, 2014
this pumpkin bread ring not only looks pretty but is a very moist bread . The glaze adds extra sweetness without overpowering the pumpkin taste. I made it just like the recipe. The only change I may make next time I might add chopped pecans to the batter
Oct 5, 2014
It's okay. I thought it was a little bland. The glaze makes it. I found myself not wanting to eat the parts without glaze. It does look pretty,
Jan 2, 2012
Excellent! Everyone loves this and it's so easy. Looks impressive. Has a wonderful taste.
Nov 7, 2011
Was very good everyone liked it.
Oct 25, 2010
I prepared this recipe last weekend. The flavor was great, however I thought it was a bit dry. I will try this again, but I think I'll add some raisins or maybe some nuts with it. Gotta love fall and the smell of baked goods with pumpkin.
Nov 20, 2009
I went to school in New Oxford, PA, so when I saw this recipe was submitted by one of its residents, I had to make it. That was a week ago and I'm on my second ring already.We love it and I will definitely make it again. I will say, however, that both times I've made it the glaze soaked into the bread and turned out a tan hue rather than white. What didn't soak into the bread ran into the middle of the ring to form a deep puddle and also ran out onto my cake keeper. Obviously, I'm not doing something properly with respect to the glaze. I think next time I'm going with a simpler glaze 'recipe' to see if that helps. Any suggestions would be appreciated.We love it, even with the bum glaze. :)
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.