Pumpkin Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce
This old-fashioned treat is so warm and comforting on chilly evenings. Pumpkin gives it great seasonal appeal, and the white chocolate sauce makes it even more irresistible. —Shirley Glaab, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + standing Bake: 50 min.
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups cubed day-old French bread
- WHITE CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. Add bread cubes; stir to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat white chocolate and cream. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted. Cool until thickened, about 10 minutes. Serve sauce warm with warm pudding. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cup with about 2 tablespoons sauce: 688 calories, 42g fat (25g saturated fat), 180mg cholesterol, 415mg sodium, 68g carbohydrate (50g sugars, 3g fiber), 11g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread Pudding with White Chocolate Sauce in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010