Pumpkin Bread Pudding with Raisins
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 slices bread, cubed
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, pumpkin, milk, evaporated milk, sugar, butter, cinnamon, ginger if desired, vanilla, cloves and nutmeg. Stir in the bread cubes and raisins.
- Pour into a greased 11x7-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pecans. Bake at 350° for 50-60 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nov 23, 2011
THIS WAS WONDERFUL! Brought back memories. I did leave the cloves out. Otherwise make the recipe as given. Will be making again.
Mar 10, 2011
Terrific. I love that this recipe uses milk (I used 2%) and evaporated milk instead of heavy cream as called for in so many other recipes for bread pudding. Easy to put together, and no special technique required for baking. Light and airy, with the raisins and pecans adding nice variety of texture. Everybody in my family loved it, especially my 4-year old. The only change I made was to use a bigger casserole dish - I thought 11x7 was too small for all the egg mixture, and a larger pan allowed it to bake more evenly. What a wonderful transformation for day-old bread.
Oct 7, 2009
This was good. It was light and not too sweet. I topped it with vanilla ice cream, but I think I liked it better without it.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.