Pumpkin Bread Pudding Cupcakes
Every fall when I was young, my mom made bread pudding cupcakes. Today I keep up her tradition with my daughter and three grandkids by baking these treats. —Terrel Porter-Smith, Los Osos, California
Total TimePrep: 35 min. + chilling Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs
- 4-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 10 cups cubed French bread (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, cream, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until blended. Gently stir in bread. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Fill foil-lined muffin cups with bread pudding mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, 2-3 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pecans and remaining vanilla.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each cupcake. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake: 224 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 181mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread Pudding Cupcakes with Caramel Pecan Frosting in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015