Every fall when I was young, my mom made bread pudding cupcakes. Today, I keep up her tradition with my daughter and three grandkids by baking these treats. —Terrel Porter-Smith, Los Osos, California
Recommended: 23 Ways to Get Your Pumpkin Spice Fix
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 large eggs
- 4-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 10 cups cubed French bread (1-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, pumpkin, milk, sugar, cream, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla until blended. Gently stir in bread. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Fill foil-lined muffin cups with bread pudding mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes or until firm to the touch.
- Meanwhile, in a small heavy saucepan, melt butter. Stir in brown sugar and corn syrup. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Cook, without stirring, 2-3 minutes longer or until slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in pecans and remaining vanilla.
- Spoon 1 tablespoon sauce over each cupcake. Bake 5-6 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Pumpkin Bread Pudding Cupcakes in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2015, p244