Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1-2/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 to 2 tablespoons whole milk
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until well blended. Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Pour into an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until set. Cool completely.
- For icing, beat the cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, butter and vanilla in a small bowl. Add enough milk to achieve spreading consistency. Spread over bars. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 bar: 260 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Oct 4, 2019
If I was just reviewing the bars without the frosting, I would give this 5 stars. They are so good. I baked mine in a 15 x 10 pan per the recipe, and had to make extra frosting, as there was not enough to cover the top (even with a very thing layer). 6 oz. of cream cheese is a strange amount. I used the whole 8 oz. brick, and added the proportion of powdered sugar and milk needed to finish topping the bars. I wonder if there's a typo in the recipe? Should it be 6 oz. of cream cheese, or should it have been 16 oz? Would have been plenty of frosting (maybe too much) for a 9x13 using 6 oz, but not enough for the 15x10.
Oct 3, 2019
Easy and always a crowd-pleaser!
Oct 1, 2019
These bars were the so delicious! They were super easy to make and so quick because the measurements were easy. I made it exactly as the recipe called for and they came out light and fluffy; not exactly like cake but “cakey”. All of my kids raced and raced about them??
Sep 15, 2019
Can you make this with applesauce instead of oil?
Sep 6, 2019
I have been making this for over 30 years.
Dec 13, 2018
Made these for a reunion and everyone loved them!
Oct 29, 2018
Made in a cake pan I cut 1/3 cup sugar and split the 1 1/3 cup sugar 50/50 brown and granulated . I also substituted half of the oil with applesauce and added 1/2 teaspoon of ginger. 1/4 tsp of clove and 1/8 of nutmeg . I made the icing exactly to the recipe. 4 solid stars as a cake but I think it would be 5 as a bar. I will make again.
Oct 23, 2018
SO delicious! I made these last night and brought them to work, they were gone in about an hour.
Oct 2, 2018
So delicious. Taste as good as they look.
May 22, 2018
I have made this recipe for the past three years and have made several adjustments. Instead of sugar I have use Truvia cane sugar blend which only requires 1/2 the amount of sugar and has 75% fewer calories than regular sugar. I also used 3 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice as suggested in other reviews plus an extra sprinkle or two. When I make this in a 11X15 pan I make a recipe and a half so they do not come out thin. Or I use a 9 X13 pan and bake for 30 - 35 minutes. Instead of cream cheese frosting I just use a can of coconut pecan frosting instead.