Pumpkin Apple Butter
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 2 hours + freezing
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, combine all ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 2 hours, stirring occasionally, until thickened. Pour into freezer containers. Refrigerate up to 1 month or freeze.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 37 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 4mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein.
Dec 20, 2012
A great way to top French toast and you can't find this exact flavor in the store!
Jun 7, 2009
is there a way to process something like tis in a water bath? Since it is a cooked product, I bet 10 minutes in a water bath would do it.It sounds great and I wil try this__
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.