Pumpkin and Pecan Pie
Whenever we have family gatherings during the holidays, this is one of the favorite desserts. It's a nice variation on traditional pumpkin pie.
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- About 20 pecan halves
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add pumpkin, eggs, corn syrup and vanilla; beat well. Pour into the pastry shell. Sprinkle with chopped pecans. Place pecan halves around the outer edge of filling. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to 350°; bake 25 more minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 396 calories, 20g fat (4g saturated fat), 85mg cholesterol, 238mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pumpkin Pecan Pie in Country Extra November 1994
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.