- 1 medium head cauliflower, broken into florets (about 6 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/3 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Add cauliflower and garlic cloves; cook, covered, 8-10 minutes or until tender. Drain; transfer to a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients; process until smooth. Return to pan; heat through, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forPumpkin & Cauliflower Garlic Mash
"I wasn’t sure I’d like this but it was quite good. My food processor didn’t do a good job of mashing the cauliflower but I liked it slightly chunky. The clincher is that after putting away my leftovers I reallized I never added the cream cheese and it still tasted great! I’m always looking for low carb, low fat, tasty side dishes and this fits the bill. Thanks for sharing it with us."
"So much more interesting than just squash or just cauliflower! We used regular cream cheese and it worked fine."
"Awesome! I sprinkled some dried thyme instead of the fresh. I also cut the Cayenne and black pepper down to a sprinkle for my super sensitive kid. I thought it needed more salt. Also used 2.5oz of block cream cheese instead of the spreadable. I also thought it was better without the pumpkin, but it was delicious with it too. (My cauliflower hating husband said it tasted like dirt, but I didn't expect him to like it.)"
"Well this is delicious! Also, it's a nice change from your standard mashed potatoes. I might cut the cayenne in half the next time I make this, but all-in-all, it was/is dynamite!"