Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup warm water (70° to 80°)
- 1 cup warm buttermilk (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4-1/2 teaspoons molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3-1/2 cups rye flour
- 2/3 to 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Shape into an 8-in. round loaf. Place on a greased baking sheet. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
1 slice: 134 calories, 3g fat (0 saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 165mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 4g fiber), 3g protein.