Pulled Taffy Candy Canes Recipe
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon red food coloring
- 1. In a large heavy saucepan over low heat, cook sugar, corn syrup, water and cream of tartar until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently. Increase heat to medium and cook until candy thermometer reads 265° (hard-ball stage), stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat; add extract.
- 2. Pour half into a buttered 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Add food coloring to remaining mixture; mix well. Pour into another buttered 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. pan. Cool 5 minutes or until cool enough to handle. Butter fingers; quickly pull half of the white or red at a time until firm but pliable (the white portion will have a milky color).
- 3. When taffy is ready for cutting, pull into a 1/4-in. rope. Cut into 6-in. pieces. Twist red and white pieces together; form into canes. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cool. Yield: 1 to 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 169 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 17mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Pulled Taffy Candy Canes
"very good chewy have to work fast with it my 13 year old helped make it"
"very chewy and sticky you have to work very fast with the taffy a delicious holiday treat I would make again"