- 1 carton (16 ounces) refrigerated fully cooked barbecued shredded pork
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 8 slices country white bread
- 6 ounces sliced Manchego cheese or 8 slices Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- Heat shredded pork according to package directions. Stir in garlic. Layer four slices of bread with cheese, onion, pork mixture and remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with mayonnaise.
- In a large nonstick skillet, toast sandwiches in batches over medium-low heat until golden brown and cheese is melted, 2-3 minutes per side. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPulled Pork Grilled Cheese
"I used garlic powder in place of the minced garlic. These turned out perfect and the whole family enjoyed the new take on grilled cheese."
"I made these last night and my family really liked them. I used leftover homemade pulled pork, but the biggest revelation was the mayo on the outside instead of butter. Who knew you could do that? It was the best, most crispy grilled cheese ever!"