Pull-Apart Bacon Bread Recipe
- 12 bacon strips, diced
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 envelope (1 ounce) ranch salad dressing mix
- 1. In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat for 5 minutes or until partially cooked; drain on paper towels. Roll out dough to 1/2-in. thickness; brush with 1 tablespoon of oil. Cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the bacon, cheese, dressing mix and remaining oil; toss to coat.
- 2. Arrange pieces in a 9-in. x 5-in. oval on a greased baking sheet, layering as needed. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 30 minutes or until doubled.
- 3. Bake at 350°: for 15 minutes. Cover with foil; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until golden brown. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 each: 149 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 621mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Pull-Apart Bacon Bread
"My family loved this...."
"Family loved this. I thought it was a tad salty. Next time I may try using low-sodium bacon. I'd hate to cut down on the ranch mix and lose some of that flavor."
"I made this for my son's wedding reception, and it was a hit! However, it needed some tweaking: I added 1/2 t. freshly ground black pepper, and instead of using the single loaf of frozen bread dough, I used a bag of 36 frozen dinner rolls. I let them thaw most of the way, then snipped the rolls in half with kitchen shears, making 72 pieces. Laying out the 72 pieces in a very large deep-dish pizza pan so they were just touching meant that they were very easy to pull apart with one hand."
"I make this every Holiday Season and Now Friends and Family are placing orders for it. It is super Delicous and everyone loves this bread."
"Found this recipe in my new "Fast Fixes with Mixes" TOH cookbook I just bought. I thought the bread had a ton of flavor but a bit too salty for me. I will make this recipe again because who doesn't like bacon! But I will not use the whole pack of ranch dressing and I may try adding more cheese to make it more cheesy. It was a bit dry. Was very easy to prepare and goes well with soup!"
"Tried this recipe for the first time this morning and my family loved it, I make a pull apart bread for the holidays using the frozen rolls and I always have left over rolls that I don't know what to do with, and I always end up throwing them away, this recipe is a good way to use up the left over rolls. It took longer for it to rise the the recipe stated but I solved that problem by following the quick rise instructions on the package, the next time I make it though I think I will make it up before I go to bed and leave it in the oven to rise and bake it when I get up like I do when I make my other pull apart bread recipe."
"I forgot to say that I am always running behind, so I was looking for shortcuts one holiday. I decided to try the pre-cooked bacon bits you can buy now...and they work great! :)"
"I have made this recipe for years. I found it in one of your magazines and fixed it for a family event. Everyone loves it and they request it every holiday!"
"A must try!"
"All I can say is AWESOME! A must try!"