Puffy Oven Pancakes Recipe
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1. Divide butter between two 2-cup round baking dishes. Place on a baking sheet. Heat in a 400° oven until butter is melted.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, lemon peel and vanilla. Whisk in flour until blended. Pour over butter. Bake, uncovered, for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown and puffy.
- 3. In a small bowl, gently combine the berries. Spoon onto pancakes; sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 351 calories, 18g fat (9g saturated fat), 248mg cholesterol, 210mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Puffy Oven Pancakes
"I made these pancakes for brunch this morning and my husband and I thought they were great! I didn't have any fresh berries on hand, so we just enjoyed the pancakes with real maple syrup. I will definitely make them again!"
"I make a larger version of this recipe. It is always a hit with the family. We all love how it puffs up. We enjoy serving it with lemon juice and powdered sugar as well."
"The recipe is easy to make, I think that there is too much butter and that it should have at least 2 tbs of sugar, more lemon peel and 1 teaspoon of vanila.... thats how i will make it next time!!!"
"Taste was a little bland. Next time we will add more vanilla/lemon peel. Will definitely make again. Very fast and easy."
"awsome best pancake ever my family loves favorite for all kid of all ages."