Puffy Dessert Omelet Recipe
- 6 eggs, separated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced and sweetened
- Whipped cream
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt until stiff peaks form; set aside. In another bowl, beat the egg yolks, sugar, flour, lemon peel and vanilla until smooth. Fold in egg whites. In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add egg mixture. Cook without stirring for 6-7 minutes or until bottom is golden brown. Remove from the heat. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1 minute or just until top is golden (watch carefully). Fold omelet in half; transfer to a serving platter. Top with strawberries and whipped cream. Yield: 4 servings.
1 piece: 249 calories, 14g fat (6g saturated fat), 334mg cholesterol, 448mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 2g fiber), 10g protein.
Reviews for Puffy Dessert Omelet
"I probably shouldn't have rated this recipe, because I actually haven't made it. However, it reminds me of a recipe I used to make about 44 years ago when I was a new wife. It was made just like this and it was one of our favorite Saturday morning breakfasts. I made it again and again. And, I will be making this one this weekend. It sounds exactly like the one I used to make. I wore out the recipe card and lost it a long time ago. Thanks for this one."