VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs, separated
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large tart apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks, milk and lemon juice; add to dry ingredients and mix well. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon as a time, on high until stiff peaks form. Fold into yolk mixture.
- Pour into a shallow 1-1/2-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange apple slices on top. Combine sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake, uncovered, 18-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Cut in half. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Puffy Apple Omelet in Comfort Food Diet bookazine 2010
Reviews forPuffy Cinnamon-Apple Omelet
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 24, 2013
"One of our family favourites, when I make this for breakfast my son tells me that I'm like a gourmet chef. A definite keeper!"