- 1/4 cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup butter and honey until smooth; set side.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until lemon-colored. Beat in yogurt and remaining butter until smooth. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg and salt; stir into yogurt mixture.
- In a deep-fat fryer or electric skillet, heat oil to 360°. Drop batter by teaspoonfuls into oil. Fry until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with the honey butter.
2 each: 74 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 118mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.