Puffed Pan Pizza
I took some time off to raise our children, so when I went back to work, I needed quick recipes that were sure to please my family. This saucy is a favorite—Stephanie Thomas, Denham Springs, Louisiana
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 3-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until the meat is no longer pink; drain. Add Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Simmer for 1 minute. Quarter the biscuits; place half in a large bowl. Add green pepper, mushrooms and half of the spaghetti sauce and cheese. Gently fold ingredients together. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Repeat. Pour remaining sauce over biscuit mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until center is puffed. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Sharp cheddar cheese has a stronger flavor than mild and medium cheddar but doesn't melt as nicely. However, if you prefer the more pronounced flavor of sharp cheddar cheese, you'll find it melts better if finely shredded.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 341 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 46mg cholesterol, 1050mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 2g fiber), 17g protein.
Originally published as Puffed Pan Pizza in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.