Puffed Eggnog Pancake
This is a tasty breakfast that I love to make at Christmas. I pop the pancake in the oven while the family opens gifts.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup eggnog
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 teaspoons Sugar In The Raw
- Place butter in a 10-in. cast-iron skillet; place in a 425° oven for 2-3 minutes or until melted.
- In a bowl, beat eggs until fluffy. Add eggnog and flour; beat until smooth. Pour into hot skillet. Sprinkle with almonds and sugar.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until puffed and browned. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 175 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 133mg cholesterol, 86mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Puffed Eggnog Pancake in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook