- 2 packages (17.3 ounces each) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups shredded cucumber
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each pastry sheet into a 12x10-in. rectangle. Cut each into two 10x6-in. rectangles. Place a salmon fillet in the center of each rectangle.
- Beat egg and water; lightly brush over pastry edges. Bring opposite corners of pastry over each fillet; pinch seams to seal tightly. Place seam side down in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan; brush with remaining egg mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. In a small bowl, combine the cucumber, sour cream, mayonnaise, dill and salt. Serve with bundles. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPuff Pastry Salmon Bundles
"This recipe is to die for. The puffed pastry makes the perfect light, flaky crust you want, and the salmon is so flavorful baked inside. The seasonings do not need to be changed and the cucumber sauce is an excellent compliment. The first time I made it I felt I made way to much cucumber sauce though. One cucumber makes a lot. I have made this many, many times along with the baby spinich, strawaberry, and pecan salad with raspberry vingerette dressing and it makes a very elegant presentation, or is great to eat when hungry for it. This is definately a keeper."