Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Medallions Recipe
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pork tenderloin (3/4 pound), cut into 1-inch slices
- 2 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/3 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade from pork. Wrap a strip of prosciutto around each pork slice. In a large skillet, brown pork on both sides in oil.
- 3. Transfer to a broiler pan coated with cooking spray. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3 minutes. Turn; broil 3-5 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting frequently with 3 tablespoons reserved marinade.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining marinade until blended. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 2 servings.
1 each: 335 calories, 13g fat (3g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 427mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 0 fiber), 39g protein.
Reviews for Prosciutto-Wrapped Pork Medallions
"Excellent flavor! I used our outdoor grill instead of the broiler, and served with spaghetti squash with the marinade sauce. WOW!"