Prosciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1/3 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 16 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Cut prosciutto slices in half. Wrap a prosciutto piece around each asparagus spear; secure ends with toothpicks.
- Grill asparagus, covered, on an oiled rack over medium heat for 6-8 minutes or until prosciutto is crisp, turning once. Discard toothpicks.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave jam and vinegar on high for 15-20 seconds or until jam is melted. Serve with asparagus. Yield: 16 appetizers.
Reviews forProsciutto-Wrapped Asparagus with Raspberry Sauce
"simple and impressive... we used ham rather than prosciutto. All of our guests enjoyed nibbling on the asparagus and we ended up using the left-over sauce to add a little flavor to the salmon."
"While visiting relatives I made this and they all loved it so much, we had to print several copies! Yes, I have already made it again!"