- 1 package (16 ounces) linguine
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions, adding peas during the last 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, Italian seasoning and pepper in oil for 2-3 minutes or until garlic is tender. Stir in prosciutto.
- Drain linguine; add to skillet and toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forProsciutto Pasta Toss
"My hubby loves loves loves this!!!!!!!!"
"We substituted Italian sausage for the ham and corn for the peas. We also added onion and green pepper to the mix. If we have frozen shrimp or scallops on hand, we use those as well. We have used different kinds of pasta to go with it and it always turns out great!"
"I love this recipe & have made it numerous times. When I make it, I usually substitute asparagus for the peas. Yum!"
"Used deli ham and added 4 cups shredded cabbage (cooked with the ham and spices). If I was to make again, which I probably won't, I would use 16 ounces of peas PLUS the 4 cups shredded cabbage. Definitely not enough veggies in this dish.Also, not sure where all the oil was used, but I only used about 2 Tbsp in the whole recipe."
"My husband & I love this recipe - so simple & tasty! We add a sprinkle of dried hot pepper flakes, and asparagus makes a super substitute for the peas!"
"used pepperoni in place of prosciutto. very good"
"We thought the dish was all right, but I doubt I'd make it again. Kind of boring."
"this is a wonderful and easy dish to fix. I was able to cut the recipe in half. The flavor is great. It has become one of our favorite dishes!!"