Prosciutto-Melon Sliders with Minted Mayo
A classic appetizer—prosciutto-wrapped melon—inspired me to make these bite-size burgers topped with cantaloupe salsa and minty mayonnaise.—Veronica Callaghan, Glastonbury, Connecticut
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1-1/2 cups finely chopped cantaloupe
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- 20 dinner rolls, split
- 20 Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise and mint. In another bowl, combine the cantaloupe, onion, parsley and vinegar; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the prosciutto, thyme and salt. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 20 patties.
- Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat for 3-5 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Top with cheese; cover and grill 1-2 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- Spread each roll bottom with 2 teaspoons mayonnaise mixture; layer with lettuce, burgers and cantaloupe mixture. Replace tops.