Prosciutto Honeydew with Balsamic Reduction
I often saw these bites on restaurant menus and thought about how simple they must be to prepare at home. The fresh mint from our garden adds a bright kick to these already delectable temptations. You could use different herbs with the prosciutto; herbes de Provence just provides another level of taste. —Jenn Tidwell, Fair Oaks, California
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
Makesabout 7 dozen
- 1 large honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 42 thin slices prosciutto, halved crosswise
- 6 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar or honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Combine melon, lime juice, mint and pepper; toss gently to coat. Wrap each melon cube with half a slice of prosciutto and secure with a toothpick. Arrange on a serving platter; cover and refrigerate.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, mix vinegar, soy sauce, sugar and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 7-9 minutes or until slightly thickened. Cool to room temperature. Drizzle over melon.
Originally published as Herb de Provence Prociutto Wrapped Citrus Mint Honeydew Cubes with Balsamic Reduction in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2017
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.