Prosciutto Chicken Kabobs
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3/4 cup five-cheese Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons marinade for chicken
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch x 1/2-inch strips
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- AVOCADO DIP:
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and marinade for chicken; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Fold prosciutto slices in half; top each with two basil leaves and a chicken strip. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in the cilantro, onions, lime juice, mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic and salt. Serve with kabobs.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Lea & Perrins Marinade for Chicken.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 353 calories, 29g fat (5g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 1228mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 17g protein.
Oct 6, 2013
I have a mixed review with this one. I did not like the kabobs at all, but the dip was amazing! We used it on tortilla chips.
Jan 9, 2011
oh my..these are the most amazing appies..the dip is the jewel in the crown..made them for my girlfriends birthday..the only problem is there wasn't more..double the recipe!!!!
Aug 6, 2010
I could not find the 5 cheese italain dressing (hence 4 stars), so I just used regular dressing. These were so tasty . I loved dipping these in the avocado sauce. Yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.