- 3/4 cup five-cheese Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons white Worcestershire sauce for chicken
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-inch x 1/2-inch strips
- 12 thin slices prosciutto
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- AVOCADO DIP:
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the salad dressing, lime juice and Worcestershire sauce; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Fold prosciutto slices in half; top each with two basil leaves and a chicken strip. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a short side. Thread onto metal or soaked wooden skewers. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mash the avocados. Stir in the cilantro, onions, lime juice, mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic and salt. Serve with kabobs. Yield: 12 appetizers.
Reviews forProsciutto Chicken Kabobs
"I have a mixed review with this one. I did not like the kabobs at all, but the dip was amazing! We used it on tortilla chips."
"oh my..these are the most amazing appies..the dip is the jewel in the crown..made them for my girlfriends birthday..the only problem is there wasn't more..double the recipe!!!!"
"I could not find the 5 cheese italain dressing (hence 4 stars), so I just used regular dressing. These were so tasty . I loved dipping these in the avocado sauce. Yummy!"