Slices of salty prosciutto pair well with a lightly seasoned cream cheese filling in these bite-size snacks.—Gina Quartermaine, Alexandria, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 40 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 16 thin slices prosciutto (about 10 inches x 3-1/2 inches)
- 32 whole chives
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, parsley, olives, onions, garlic and pepper until blended.
- Cut each prosciutto slice in half widthwise; place about 2 teaspoons of filling on the center of each piece. Bring up corners of prosciutto and tie with a chive, forming a bundle. Refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 43 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 176mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed Prosciutto in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2008