Prosciutto, Parmesan and pine nuts tastefully top French bread slices in these hand-held appetizers. Make the topping the day before, then the next day, spread on bread and broil. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen
Recommended: Fresh Basil Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup chopped pine nuts, toasted
- 6 thin slices prosciutto, chopped
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut into 1/4-inch slices
- Minced fresh parsley or chives
- In a small bowl, combine the butter, cheese and garlic powder. Stir in pine nuts and prosciutto. Spread over one side of each bread slice.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve immediately. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Prosciutto & Pine Nut Bruschetta in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2009, p23