Pronto Pizza Burgers
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- Additional oregano, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Toast the muffins in broiler until lightly browned.
- Form meat mixture into four patties; place on top of muffins. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked.
- Top with tomato and cheese slices. Return to broiler until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with oregano. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 508 calories, 24g fat (12g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 976mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 40g protein.
Jan 16, 2015
This is a family favorite of ours. BTW, there is a mistake on the recipe -- you do want to make 8 patties, not four, so you have enough for each muffin half like the picture.
Feb 4, 2012
I love pizza & hubby loves burgers so I was excited to give these a try.. I was concerned about broiling the meat rather than cooking it before hand bc we both like our meat WELL done.. So I browned it a lil before I formed the patties.. I cant figure out why the recipe calls for 4 patties bc we had enough meat for 8 (4 would have been way too big for the muffins). When I realized the only wet ingredient was the paste I knew they would be very dry (especially bc of the muffins). The end result- They lacked good taste & flavor & we ended up pouring ketchup on them which ended up being the only flavor it had. Will stick to hamburger pizza :)
Jul 8, 2011
Yum, yum, yum! I made these when my parents were visiting and we all loved them. A great twist on a classic burger. The fact that you can make them in the broiler is great for cold weather when you don't want to grill.
Jul 2, 2011
Yum, yum, yum! I made this when my parents came to visit and we all loved them. It was good in the broiler, but easily adaptable to the grill if you want.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.