- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 English muffins, split
- 8 tomato slices
- 8 mozzarella cheese slices
- Additional oregano, optional
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Toast the muffins in broiler until lightly browned. Form meat mixture into four patties; place on top of muffins. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 8-10 minutes or until meat is cooked. Top with tomato and cheese slices. Return to broiler until cheese is melted. If desired, sprinkle with oregano. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPronto Pizza Burgers
"This is a family favorite of ours. BTW, there is a mistake on the recipe -- you do want to make 8 patties, not four, so you have enough for each muffin half like the picture."
"I love pizza & hubby loves burgers so I was excited to give these a try.. I was concerned about broiling the meat rather than cooking it before hand bc we both like our meat WELL done.. So I browned it a lil before I formed the patties.. I cant figure out why the recipe calls for 4 patties bc we had enough meat for 8 (4 would have been way too big for the muffins). When I realized the only wet ingredient was the paste I knew they would be very dry (especially bc of the muffins). The end result- They lacked good taste & flavor & we ended up pouring ketchup on them which ended up being the only flavor it had. Will stick to hamburger pizza :)"
"Yum, yum, yum! I made these when my parents were visiting and we all loved them. A great twist on a classic burger. The fact that you can make them in the broiler is great for cold weather when you don't want to grill."
"Yum, yum, yum! I made this when my parents came to visit and we all loved them. It was good in the broiler, but easily adaptable to the grill if you want."