Serve this pretty dish with a crisp lettuce salad and top it off with fresh fruit or a lemony dessert, and you have a complete meal your family will love!— Eileen Owen, Johnstown, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 5 ounces condensed vegetable beef soup, undiluted
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 2 tubes (7-1/2 ounces each) refrigerated biscuits
- 16 thin tomato slices
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; set aside. Roll biscuits into an 18x9-in. rectangle and top with meat mixture. Roll rectangle, jelly-roll style, starting from wide end. Seal seams. Cut into 1-in. slices.
- Place slices in two greased 9-in. pie plates. Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 15 minutes. Uncover and bake 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven; top each pinwheel with a tomato slice, olives, green pepper and cheese. Return to oven for a few minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 175 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 332mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 12g protein.
Originally published as Pronto Pinwheels in Country Ground Beef
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.