Pronto Chili Recipe
This chili may be simple, but the flavor is outstanding. One of the best things about preparing chili is that you can adjust it to suit your family's tastes. I sometimes substitute ground turkey for the beef.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste plus 2 cans water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, brown beef and onion. Drain fat. Stir in all remaining ingredients except cheese; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Top each serving with cheese, if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 338 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 56mg cholesterol, 894mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 9g fiber), 29g protein.
Reviews for Pronto Chili
Reviewed Jan. 21, 2011
"this was ok kind of sweet"
Reviewed Sep. 1, 2010
chili really was too sweet. Note: generic brown sugar is very weak in flavor, whereas name brand (C&H) is incredibly sweet and flavorful.Served with a dollop of sour cream and some Frito's chips. YUMMMY!"
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC