Pronto Chicken Fajitas
"My family loves Mexican food, and this is a quick way to enjoy it. It doesn’t require a lot of prep and only uses one pan, so you have plenty of time to relax." Get creative with these versatile fajitas. Try using last night’s leftover veggies or chicken for a brand-new meal. —Robin Poust, Stevensville, Maryland
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) frozen pepper strips, thawed
- 1 medium onion, halved and sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use Southwestern chicken strips
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- Optional toppings: shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, guacamole and salsa
- In a large skillet, saute pepper strips and onion in oil until tender. Add the chicken strips, cilantro, salt, garlic powder and pepper; heat through.
- Spoon onto tortillas; fold in sides. Serve with toppings of your choice.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 297 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 45mg cholesterol, 819mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Fajitas in Simple & Delicious October/November 2010