Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
Makes12 servings (1-1/2 cups cream)
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Cut slits into roast; insert garlic slices. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the horseradish, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with cream.
Nutrition FactsNutrition Facts: 6 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons cream equals 336 calories, 22 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 121 mg sodium, 1 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Jan 13, 2019
It was great. Next time I will put rub on the ends of the prime rib. And when it gets done - sit out on cupboard for half an hour and then put back in oven at 170 degrees to keep warm.
Dec 8, 2011
I didn't use this for the roast, but the sauce & everyone loved it!