Prime Rib with Horseradish Cream
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 3 hours + standing
Makes12 servings (1-1/2 cups cream)
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- HORSERADISH CREAM:
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place roast fat side up in a shallow roasting pan. Cut slits into roast; insert garlic slices. Sprinkle with pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 2-3/4 to 3-1/4 hours longer or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°).
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the horseradish, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove roast to a serving platter and keep warm; let stand for 15 minutes. Serve with cream.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 13, 2019
It was great. Next time I will put rub on the ends of the prime rib. And when it gets done - sit out on cupboard for half an hour and then put back in oven at 170 degrees to keep warm.
Dec 8, 2011
I didn't use this for the roast, but the sauce & everyone loved it!