Prime Rib of Beef Recipe
This roast made its debut a few years back at Christmastime, when I made it instead of our traditional turkey dinner. Now we have a new tradition everyone looks forward to.—Tim Buckmaster, Millsboro, Delaware
- 1/3 cup each chopped onion, carrot and celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bone-in beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1. Combine onion, carrot and celery; place in a greased roasting pan. Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over the roast. Place fat side up over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (medium-rare, 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving. Skim fat from pan drippings; add beef broth, stirring to remove browned bits. Strain, discarding vegetables. Serve au jus with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews for Prime Rib of Beef
Reviewed Aug. 11, 2012
"i love prime rib, and i think this recipe is perfect! its easy, and worded very confidentally. thank you very much."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC