- 1/3 cup each chopped onion, carrot and celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 beef rib roast (6 to 8 pounds)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- Combine onion, carrot and celery; place in a greased roasting pan. Combine salt, pepper and garlic powder; rub over the roast. Place fat side up over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (medium-rare, 135°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand 10-15 minutes before carving. Skim fat from pan drippings; add beef broth, stirring to remove browned bits. Strain, discarding vegetables. Serve au jus with the roast. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Reviews forPrime Rib of Beef
"i love prime rib, and i think this recipe is perfect! its easy, and worded very confidentally. thank you very much."