VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut into 2-inch julienne strips
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons white wine or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound cod or haddock
- In a large skillet, combine the first six ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in soup until blended; bring to a boil. Add fillets.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Primavera Fish Fillets in Quick Cooking March/April 2004, p55