Youngsters love to lend a hand with this recipe. Our two girls help me measure, pour, stir, shape and, of course, eat the chewy pretzel rounds when they're done! —Roberta Spieker, Fort Collins, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounces) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- Coarse salt or colored sugar
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add 2 cups flour, sugar and salt. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6 minutes. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Divide dough into 16 portions. Roll each portion into a 15-in. rope. Fold each rope in half and twist two or three times; shape into a circle and pinch ends together.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with salt or sugar. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 119 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 152mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.