Pretzel Polar Bears
Stick these cool cuties in a mug of hot chocolate or show them off on your holiday cookie tray. Covered in white chocolate and coconut, they’re almost too adorable to eat. Almost. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted
- 12 pretzel rods
- Assorted decorations: candy coating disks, halved miniature marshmallows, white baking chips, miniature semisweet chocolate chips, sprinkles and Sixlets
- Fruit by the Foot fruit rolls, optional
- Place coconut in a shallow bowl. Pour melted chocolate into one end of an 11x7-in. dish. Roll two-thirds of a pretzel rod in chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until chocolate just begins to lose its sheen. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Sprinkle coated pretzels with coconut, patting to help adhere.
- Decorate as desired, using some of the melted chocolate to attach candy coating disks to make faces, halved mini marshmallows or white chips to make ears and mini chocolate chips, sprinkles and Sixlets to make eyes and noses.
- Carefully stand bears upright in a tall glass or press the bottoms of the pretzel rods into holes cut into a 2-in.-thick piece of Styrofoam. If desired, cut fruit rolls into thin strips to make scarves; tie around bears. Let stand until set.