Pretzel Jell-O Dessert
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Fresh strawberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter and sugar; press onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping; spread over crust. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water; refrigerate until partially set. Pour carefully over filling. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 4-6 hours.
- Cut into squares. If desired, serve with strawberries and additional whipped topping.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 401mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (37g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Jul 10, 2018
HAVE been making this dessert for a very long time :) Nice to see it up here again for all of the "newer" Generations! Amnd ANYONE can make this adding "new" tastes twists! :) I like reading recipes that someone changed with different ingredients, and then they ARE'T fake, just THEIR renditions ;) Yeah, seems like Rinty WAS having a bad day...maybe her cake fell ;)
May 16, 2018
Just made this Jello Dessert on Monday, as my Potluck Dish and it was a BIG HIT!
Mar 25, 2018
Love this recipe. I make it with orange jello and place mandarin oranges in place then carefully pour on the slightly jelled jello. People can’t figure out what’s in the crust and are amazed that it’s pretzles!
Nov 16, 2017
Looking forward to making this. I'm going to use raspberry jello and raspberries from my garden. Will let you know how it turns out.
Aug 31, 2017
Wonderful dessert...especially with raspberries and raspberry jello. I have also made it on a corn flake crust.I think Rinty's problem is anger and she probably strikes out often. Her review was tasteless and unnecessary.
Aug 29, 2017
Great go to salad for something cool and refreshing. I have done variations of this salad with different fruit flavors peaches, raspberries or no fruit and different flavored jello.
Jul 22, 2017
This is one of my favorite summertime salads. My mom and I have been making this for eons. Putting frozen strawberries in the jello is a must.
Jul 5, 2017
Rinty - what is your problem?
Jul 4, 2017
Same as the old recipe of cherry pretzel dessert featured in Taste Of Home. Copy cat! Don't mind that you changed an older recipe, just that you claim it as yours and it's all that. Faker
Dec 1, 2016
SO GOOD. We had this at Thanksgiving. Was a great mix of slightly salty crunch, smooth creaminess and fun wiggly Jello. We added crushed pecans to the base and sliced strawberries on top within the Jello. Big pan. Only 4 pieces left. Dibs!!!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.