- 2 cups crushed pretzels
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Fresh strawberries and additional whipped topping, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix crushed pretzels, melted butter and sugar; press onto bottom of an ungreased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- For filling, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Stir in whipped topping; spread over crust. Refrigerate, covered, until cold.
- In a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in cold water; refrigerate until partially set. Pour carefully over filling. Refrigerate, covered, until firm, 4-6 hours.
- Cut into squares. If desired, serve with strawberries and additional whipped topping. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPretzel Jell-O Dessert
"Love this recipe. I make it with orange jello and place mandarin oranges in place then carefully pour on the slightly jelled jello. People can’t figure out what’s in the crust and are amazed that it’s pretzles!"
"Looking forward to making this. I'm going to use raspberry jello and raspberries from my garden. Will let you know how it turns out."
"Wonderful dessert...especially with raspberries and raspberry jello. I have also made it on a corn flake crust.I think Rinty's problem is anger and she probably strikes out often. Her review was tasteless and unnecessary."
"This is one of my favorite summertime salads. My mom and I have been making this for eons. Putting frozen strawberries in the jello is a must."
"Rinty - what is your problem?"
"Same as the old recipe of cherry pretzel dessert featured in Taste Of Home. Copy cat! Don't mind that you changed an older recipe, just that you claim it as yours and it's all that. Faker"
"SO GOOD. We had this at Thanksgiving. Was a great mix of slightly salty crunch, smooth creaminess and fun wiggly Jello. We added crushed pecans to the base and sliced strawberries on top within the Jello. Big pan. Only 4 pieces left. Dibs!!!!"
"This recipe is very east to lighten up. I used fat free cream cheese and sugar free Jello. I didn't cut the butter in half this time but next time I will. Very tasty and good for a diabetic."