Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cayenne and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in pretzel mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning once.
1 each: 409 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.Originally published as Chicken Drumsticks in Simple & Delicious May/June 2006
Sep 30, 2016
Didn't get the pretzels crushed up enough so it didn't stay on the chicken. But it had a good flavor!
Jun 22, 2014
I accidentally added the cayenne pepper and garlic powder to the crushed pepper mixture. Still was very good!
Nov 4, 2012
Much better than I expected. The texture was good and it had a unique flavor. The pepper can be tasted a fair amount more than I expected.
Dec 26, 2011
The whole family loved this one.
Mar 30, 2011
Easy & delicious!
Reviews for Pretzel-Crusted Drumsticks
More from Taste of Home