Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 50 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup finely crushed pretzels
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 to 2 pounds chicken drumsticks
- In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, cayenne and garlic powder. In another shallow bowl, combine the pretzels, pecans and pepper. Dip chicken in butter mixture, then roll in pretzel mixture.
- Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a thermometer reads 180°, turning once.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 409 calories, 30g fat (14g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 498mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 20g protein.
Sep 30, 2016
Didn't get the pretzels crushed up enough so it didn't stay on the chicken. But it had a good flavor!
Jun 22, 2014
I accidentally added the cayenne pepper and garlic powder to the crushed pepper mixture. Still was very good!
Nov 4, 2012
Much better than I expected. The texture was good and it had a unique flavor. The pepper can be tasted a fair amount more than I expected.
Dec 26, 2011
The whole family loved this one.
Mar 30, 2011
Easy & delicious!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.