I'm not a big fish lover, so any concoction that has me loving fish is a "keeper" in my books. This combination of flavors just works for me. It's wonderful served with a nice buttery herb rice pilaf and corn muffins with butter and honey! —Kelly Williams, Forked River, New Jersey
Recommended: Easy Fish Recipes Ready in 30 Minutes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 catfish fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups honey mustard miniature pretzels, coarsely crushed
- Oil for frying
- Lemon slices, optional
- Sprinkle catfish with salt and pepper. Whisk the eggs, mustard and milk in a shallow bowl. Place flour and pretzels in separate shallow bowls. Coat fillets with flour, then dip in egg mixture and coat with pretzels.
- Heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375° in an electric skillet. Fry fillets, a few at a time, for 3-4 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Drain on paper towels. Serve with lemon slices if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Pretzel-Crusted Catfish in Simple & Delicious February/March 2013, p26
Reviews forPretzel-Crusted Catfish
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 30, 2013
"Absolutely delicious! I've made this several times already:)"