Add some excitement to your next backyard barbecue with these deliciously different burgers. After one bite of the beef patties coated with pretzel crumbs, your guests will be asking for the recipe.—Shirley Zembsch, Cherokee, Iowa
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomato sauce, 1 cup pretzel crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining pretzel crumbs.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns.
Nutrition Facts4 ounce-weight: 453 calories, 19g fat (7g saturated fat), 139mg cholesterol, 1002mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.
Originally published as Pretzel Crusted Burgers in Country Woman May/June 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.