Add some excitement to your next backyard barbecue with these deliciously different burgers. After one bite of the beef patties coated with pretzel crumbs, your guests will be asking for the recipe.—Shirley Zembsch, Cherokee, Iowa
Recommended: Your October Meal Plan
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups crushed pretzels, divided
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, tomato sauce, 1 cup pretzel crumbs, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into eight 3/4-in.-thick patties. Coat with remaining pretzel crumbs.
- Grill patties, uncovered, over medium heat for 7-8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on buns. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pretzel-Crusted Burgers in Country Woman May/June 2005, p35
Reviews forPretzel-Crusted Burgers
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2013
"I tried out these burgers on my family, tonight. TOTAL HIT! They loved themand an't wait to have them again."