Pretty Pumpkin Wontons
Total TimePrep: 40 min. Cook: 15 min.
Makes40 wontons (1-1/2 cups dip)
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 wonton wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, combine the pumpkin, cheese and salt. Place 1 tablespoonful in the center of a wonton wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Moisten edges with water; bring corners to center over filling and press edges together to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat oil to 375°. Fry wontons in batches for 30-60 seconds on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine dip ingredients. Serve with wontons.
Nutrition Facts1 wonton with about 2 teaspoons dip: 81 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 19, 2013
I made these at Thanksgiving they where great and the dip was great!
Nov 5, 2012
my husband is from italy and the pumpkin cappalacci is boiled and served w'ragu bolognese sauce.another regions boils them then sautes w/butter and,little ameretto and fresh sage.very delish and healthy.
Nov 10, 2011
I have been making this recipe for a couple of years now and everyone loves this recipe. So simple, yet so tasty. The sauce really makes it!
Oct 17, 2011
I entertain all the time, and these were a huge hit! Easy and delicious, presentation is impressive!!!
Mar 26, 2011
I was really dissapointed with this recipe. My husband and I really love pumpkin, but found the actual wontons to be flavorless. The dip was really sweet... My suggestions would be to add some spice to the pumpkin mixture, and for the dip, cut down on the amount of preserves and confectioner's sugar..
Oct 21, 2010
These were so easy to prepare! Everyone who has tasted them loves them and I always get asked for the recipe. The sauce really completes the wontons, by themselves the wontons are OK but once you put that sauce on they are AMAZING!
Oct 1, 2010
NIce and easy Recipe, if you have a fryer :)but the sauce complements the wontons, the only tweak I did was sprinkle them with a little cinnamon & sugar when they came out of the fryer.