Pretty Pink Strawberry Mousse
"This pretty pink dessert takes only minutes to prepare," assures Jody Cottle, Rigby, Idaho. "Those who enjoy it rave about its smooth texture and sweet berry flavor. I like to dollop servings with whipped cream and strawberries."
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 1-1/3 cups instant strawberry drink mix
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, soften gelatin in cold water; let stand for 5 minutes. Stir in boiling water until gelatin is dissolved; cool for 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the drink mix, cream and gelatin mixture until thickened. Beat in vanilla. Spoon into individual dishes; refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Nesquik brand drink mix.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 262 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 111mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Strawberry Mousse in Quick Cooking March/April 2004